About Dr. Alkasem
Dr. Alkasem is a board-certified neurologist with Global Neurosciences Institute. She cares for patients in the general neurology and specializes in headaches and epilepsy. Dr. Alkasem is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in neurology. She is also an associate professor of neurology at Lewis Katz School of Medicine, Temple University.
Publications and lectures
Dr. Alkasem is widely published on the subject of neurology, especially headache.
Certifications and associations
Dr. Alkasem is board-certified in neurology.
She is a member of the:
- American Academy of Neurology
- Philadelphia Neurological Society
- American Neurological Association
Education and training
- Medical school: Damascus University, Damascus, Syria
- Internship: Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Damascus University, Damascus, Syria - Pathology
- Residency: Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA - Neurology
- Fellowship: Wake Forest University, NC - Epilepsy