Areas of Expertise
- Arteriovenous malformations (AVM)
- Brain and Spine tumor
- Carotid and intracranial artery stenosis
- Spine (Operative/nonoperative)
About Dr. Sulaiman
Dr. Sulaiman is a comprehensive vascular neurosurgeon with expertise in both traditional neurosurgical techniques and minimally invasive endovascular neurosurgery. He currently holds the position of Neurosciences Director, Regional Hospital of Scranton and an assistant professor in the Department of Neurosurgery at Drexel University College of Medicine.
Publications and lectures
Dr. Sulaiman has written chapters and articles in publications that are used as data for neurosurgeons across the world. His focus research areas are Stroke, Carotid artery disease and complex conditions of the brain and spine. He was also involved in Investigation and development of the tumoricidal effects of sonodynamic therapy with focused ultrasound in malignant glioblastoma brain tumors.
Dr. Sulaiman has lectured at national and international conferences around the world.
Education and training
- Medical school: Damascus University
- Residency: Department of Neurological Surgery, Damascus University.
- Fellowship: Cerebrovascular/Endovascular neurosurgery and neurocritical care, Crozer Chester Medical Center, Drexel University School of Medicine.