About Dr. Greenberg
Dr. Karen Greenberg is a board-certified emergency medicine physician highly specialized in the treatment of neurologic emergencies.
She is director of the Neurologic Emergency Department at Crozer-Chester Medical Center.
Dr. Greenberg is also faculty for Virtua Health System and Kennedy University Medical Center in South Jersey, Aria Jefferson residency program in Philadelphia
She serves as assistant professor of Neurosurgery and Emergency Medicine at Drexel University College of Medicine, as well as clinical assistant professor (Adjunct) of Neurology in the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, clinical assistant professor of Emergency Medicine for the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine,
and clinical assistant professor of Emergency Medicine at Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine.
Publications and lectures
Dr. Greenberg is widely published on the subject of neurologic emergencies, especially stroke.
Her research has been published in:
- American Journal of Emergency Medicine
- Mathews Journal of Emergency Medicine
She lectures at emergency medicine and neuroscience conferences across the country.
Dr. Greenberg's innovations were critical to the creation of the first neurologic emergency department in the country.
- Oral board examiner, American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine
Certifications and associations
Dr. Greenberg is board-certified in emergency medicine and neuro-critical care.
She is a member of the:
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians
- American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine
- American Heart Association
Education and training
- Medical school: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Internship: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine, chief intern
- Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, School of Osteopathic Medicine, emergency medicine, chief resident
- Fellowship: American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians
- Fellowship: American Heart Association (AHA)
- Fellowship: American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAAEM)
Honors and awards
Dr. Greenberg was awarded the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physician's Practice Innovation Award for her work speeding critical treatment for patients with ischemic stroke. She was also the ACOEP Willoughby Award winner in October 2021.