Areas of Expertise
- Translational neuroscience approaches to neurosurgical and neurological disease
About Dr. Maxwell
Dr. Christina Maxwell is a clinical neuroscientist with specialized translational research training. Her goal as research director for Global Neurosciences Institute (GNI) is to facilitate collaborations between engineering, pharmacology, biology and GNI to encourage translation from lab/bench to beside and back to bench.
Dr. Maxwell's specific research interests span the neurosciences with concentrations in cerebrovascular disease, cognitive and movement disorders, neurophysiology, neuro-oncology and headache. Her previous research experience involved studying electrophysiology and biomarkers in autism spectrum disorders and preclinical models of headache and schizophrenia.
Publications and lectures
Maxwell has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals on best practices and innovative assessments of:
- Transient Ischemic Attack
- Carotid Artery Angioplasty and Stenting
- Trevo Device for Thrombectomy for Acute Ischemic Stroke
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Education and training
- Master of Science in Translational Research - University of Pennsylvania
- PhD in Neuroscience - Thomas Jefferson University
- BA in Cell Biology and Neuroscience - Rutgers University