Areas of Expertise
- Brain tumors
- Carotid and intracranial artery stenosis
- Spine (operative/nonoperative)
- Spine tumors
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
About Dr. Thomas
Dr. Jonathan G. Thomas is a widely published, highly experienced neurosurgeon with specialized training in neurosurgical oncology.
He is a neurosurgeon with Drexel Neurosciences Institute specializing in surgery of primary and metastatic brain and spine tumors.
Dr. Thomas is highly experienced in techniques to treat tumors of the brain and spine, including:
- Endoscopic surgery
- Laser interstitial thermal therapy
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
Certifications and associations
Dr. Thomas is board-certified in neurological surgery.
He is a fellow of:
- Congress of Neurologic Surgeons, tumor fellow
- American Cancer Society, postdoctoral fellow.
Publications and lectures
Peer-reviewed publications have featured the research of Dr. Thomas on highly complex surgical procedures, many involving oncology.
He also presents at scientific neurosurgical conferences all over the country.
Education and training
- Medical school: University of Michigan
- Residency: Baylor College of Medicine, neurological surgery
- Fellowship: MD Anderson Cancer Center, neurosurgical oncology
Honors and awards
Dr. Thomas’ awards and honors include:
- The Advancing Clinical Excellence Grant at Baylor College of Medicine
- The Integra Foundation Award from the American Association of Neurological Surgeons